Monday, March 17, 2008

Idaho: more than potatoes


Finally! A weekend that we don't work! We fully took advantage by taking a subaru getaway. We drove to Carmen Idaho and camped by the river in the subi and played speed and 'would you rather' all night while eating riduculous amounts of cookies, then drove 30 miles outside of Salmon in the morning to the trailhead of Goldbug hotsprings. We hiked in 3 miles to the most beautiful hotsprings I've been to yet. You head into a canyon following a river and then you hit them; Pools running into other pools it was incredible! The ones at the top are REAL hot, and get progressively cooler towards the bottom. One of my new years resolutions was to be comfortable naked (fat chance but i've been trying to accept myself). SO, we went naked... THINKING it would just be us. I mean who else would drive 3 1/2 hours and hike 1 1/2 on a sunday to this remote location? Aparently not just us. We're naked, hangin out in the wilderness having good times when up come two guys, who proceed to ask if they can share our pool. awkwaaaard. ciara and i, captains of strangeness have a giggle fest. THEN... a family shows up.. who are also naked. so aparently, it's totally acceptable to be naked. who knew? suprisingly enough, it wasn't so bad. it was pretty sweet actually. I frickin LOVE where I live. and idaho? who knew? i've found montana's rival.





















3 comments:

Cort said...

I'm so glad you two naked lesbos had a fantastic time. And the last picture jumping can't hold a stick to our one in glacier!

Bobbilynn said...

Thats funny. Did the guys or the family notice you were naked? Man if it were me I would have died laughing!

Cort said...

How about some new pictures that aren't of Kiara's armpit. I don't remember how to spell her name. How about some awesome Glacier pictures? Or your bike, or just you being awesome? Please, something new for the sister?