










Lucky for me, my longtime friend Drew recently joined the Coast Guard. He flew me out there last week for a few days, and we painted the town red. I got to see the ridiculously small living space on a ship my friend has, 3-D Imaxes, aquarium, hockey and basketball games, museums, good food and good people. I went to the Bodies Exhibit which was incredible. Go if you have the chance, except sometimes it's weird to be looking at the body and think, this is a person, sawed in three pieces. This person's skin is lying on this table. BUT really awesome. We also visited some friends who live up there and go to MIT. (I just know smart people, I'm not one of them)... I got a tour of the chemisty lab. I didn't know whether to feel smart or stupid walking around campus. I Decided to go with smart. I figured others would think I was a student, not a tourist. I also made Drew take me all over town on the train. I'm easily ammused. I like to people watch. Let me tell ya, there's some sketchballs out there. After an awesome weekend they all wanted me to move to Boston. Who knows? I did check out the masters program I've been eyeing at Boston Universtiy. Drew and I discussed marriage for financial reasons (we've been friends a long time) I'd get free school, health benefits, and he get's a lot more money. But then again, I always told myself I'd marry for love, not money. Just a joke. We really are just friends. I f ing love Boston :)
2 comments:
Awww, and you posted so quick after your trip, you're coming around in the blogging world. I miss you and can't wait to see you again...in baja (I'm still so freaked out). Bahstun looked awesome for you and you didn't do one thing the same as us when we went, what an awesome city.
That sounds like a blast. I always wanted to see the bodies exhibit, but i don't know if i have the stomach for it. I love your picts though. Especially the one at the very top with you and someone else in the snow! It's beautiful. Anyway, I have news from the Holdaway's(ben and holly to be exact).. but you'll have to call me.. i can't leave it on a blog that's not private..sorry
Post a Comment